Because women typically get paid only 77-cents for every dollar made by a man, Bossy offers these 7 tips for securing that company raise!
- Be confident.
- Find out the going rate in your field and ask for a salary in the high range since that number may be negotiated down but seldom up.
- Don’t be discouraged by a “no” which often simply means “not now.” Try again.
- Consider other forms of compensation — like profit sharing, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Renegotiate from a position of power when you have other offers on the table.
- Prepare a thorough defense regarding your particular value within your company.
- A blow job never killed anyone.