Sometimes when Bossy is perusing glossy catalogues from high end department stores, Bossy likes to imagine what her Jewish grandmother would say if she were still alive.
Of course Bossy’s Jewish grandmother looked and dressed like this:
And Bossy’s Jewish grandmother was the top salesgirl in an upscale dress shop in the center of a bustling city.
But oy, a person could faint at the way kids nowadays dress themselves from dumpsters, these clothes, this shmata that cost more than the first house she shared with my grandfather.
Bossy is posting every day in November. Here’s what you missed so far!
- Welcome To The First Day Of The Rest Of November
- Very Little Has Been Said About Hurricane Sandy
- Bossy’s Dane Isn’t Just Great, She’s Voting For Obama
- Daylight Saving Time
- Is That Your Lacrimal Apparatus, Or Are You Just Unhappy To See Me?
- Vote Your Heart
- The Presidency The Sequel
- 5 Great Tips To Save Time This Holiday Season, And One Even Better Tip
- Emergency Friends Defined
- A Sexy Sweaty Dress
- A Laundry Phenomenon
- Veteran’s Day
- It’s National Watchamacallit Day
- Let’s Catch Up With The Rolling Stones
- Bossy Gets Crushes On People
- Explain This Good For Nothingness
- Bossy’s Fiscal Cliff
- Wisdom Teeth Aren’t That Smart
- Travel Items For The Paranoid
- Everything You Need To Know About This Year’s American Music Awards
- Dr. Seuss Does Thanksgiving
- Postcards From A Bossy Thanksgiving
- Bossy Wonders Where The Fast Ducks Cross
- This Is How Bossy Spent The Past Eighteen Hundred Hours
- A Very Bossy Tutorial – The Podcast
- The Owner’s Manual Is Bigger Than The Mini Cooper
- Nina Totenberg Is Horny
joeinvegas saysNovember 28, 2012 at 8:05 pm
No mention of feeding them a little so they’re not all skin and bones?
zidia saysNovember 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm
After reading today’s blog, I have only one thing to say:
BOSSY IS BACK!!!
Charlie saysNovember 28, 2012 at 8:35 pm
Just Googled the phrase “Homeless Chic” and was dismayed to learn that it’s an actual thing.
Jenn @ Juggling Life saysNovember 29, 2012 at 12:11 am
Thanks for saying it Joe! The bottom picture shows a girl with a very oversized heard for her body–a definite sign of a likely eating disorder.
I’m sure Bossy’s Jewish Grandma would like to cook them all a good meal.
Meg at the Members Lounge saysNovember 29, 2012 at 10:01 am
I believe Bossy’s grandmother would also point out the egregious hair color, or as the fashonista’s like to call it “ombre”. I call it two colors with split ends.
vbr saysNovember 29, 2012 at 10:06 am
Shmata is right. Why these beautiful young people dress in rags, or clothes I would do housework/yardwork in, I haven’t a clue. Maybe it is the epitome of chic nowadays?
But, I don’t care how chic it is this trend of hair that needs to meet a brush/comb, not to even mention SHAMPOO, I will never understand.
Suzi saysDecember 1, 2012 at 10:07 pm
Oy vey. Poor little chick-lets.