- It was originally inhabited by the Lenape tribe.
- When the Dutch emigrated to the area they named it Breukelen after a municipality in their homeland. In the case of payment for this land, they went Dutch Treat. This means they stole it from the Indians.
- The name of the town went from Breuckelen, to Brockland, to Brocklin, to Brookline, to Brookland and eventually, to Not Manhattan.
- It has a bridge named after it. Maybe you’ve heard of it? The Breuckelen Brockland Brocklin Brookline Brookland Bridge.
- This past weekend Bossy was in Brooklyn. And she loved it.
If you liked this post mentioning the Lenape, then click this link for Everything You Need To Know About The Seminoles according to a shoebox diorama constructed by Bossy’s Daughter when she was 11.
And speaking of shoebox dioramas and the fact Bossy’s family lives in one, click this link for the time they had a huge fight that resulted in organized kitchen cabinets.