Today Bossy received an email containing Shabby Chic tips courtesy of Venetian Décor. Which is not to be confused with Venetian Decor.
Here are a few of their suggestions courtesy of Bossy’s photoshop:
- Give a piece new life by painting a dresser
- Add funky table legs to an old drawer to create an end table
- Replace the lamp shade on an old lamp to make it your own
- Use a wonderful old cabinet with different door knobs you can interchange
- Using an old set of wine/martini glasses, accent the stem and base with glitter
If you likes this post about Shabby Chic, click here to read Bossy’s detailed guide on how to make a homeless box.
Or click this link to read about the time Bossy redecorated her bedroom.
Or you can read about Last year’s hunt for an apartment.
Charlie saysMarch 15, 2013 at 8:07 am
Thanks Bossy! Turns out I was “shabby chic” years ago when I was drinking heavily and living in a one-room apartment. I ha a wooden produce crate for a night stand, a table swiped from an abandoned pizza parlor for a dining table, and a folding couch for a bed. What? That was just shabby? Oh. Nevermind.
joeinvegas saysMarch 15, 2013 at 10:40 am
Sorry, to shabby for my taste.
Cactus Petunia saysMarch 15, 2013 at 9:54 pm
Shabby Chic is so last century…at Camp Cactus, we prefer to use the term “rustic”.
Sigh. If only Photoshop worked in real life, my rustic place could be a palace!
BSTBXH saysMarch 16, 2013 at 5:59 pm
Are you sure you don’t mean Venusian Decor?