Ten things Bossy learned during last night’s presidential election coverage, which Bossy watched with her usual, very fun clan:
- We used to talk about a political party’s ticket in each state. But now we say up-ticket and down-ticket. It refers to the races in order of significance on a ballot. The presidential race is up-ticket. The state senate race is down-ticket.
Come on Candy Crowley, don’t pretend you were saying up-ticket and down-ticket in 2008.
- Sister mercy, if this whole political journalist thing doesn’t work out for John King, he has a future in calling auctions. Except he’ll have to learn to speak more slowly
- Todd Akin is scary
- Mitt Romney can write a decent concession speech
- The MSNBC in-studio map was unfortunately hung too low, like a painting in a cheesy motel room. And poor Chuck Todd was scraping knuckles in his explanations of the southern states. The aesthetic mishap was all too much for Bossy’s clan, which included two interior designers, and one art teacher
- Raw votes. A candidate can be ahead in raw votes in a state and still not be projected to win. Because raw votes are what’s already been counted, held against the counties still not reported
- Projecting a winner is not the same as calling a state. But both produce diarrhea
- Al Sharpton is half the man he used to be
- There used to be Wolf Blitzer. Now there’s Wolf Blitzer’s Glasses
- Barack O’Boyfriend gets to date Bossy for another four years
Bossy is posting every day in November. Here’s what you missed so far!
Martha saysNovember 7, 2012 at 8:38 pm
Love it and love the results of the election!
Four more years baby!
Ami saysNovember 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm
I have to say my first thought when I heard the speech was, “Thank goodness he wasn’t a smarmy jerk.” My we have set the bar low. But I think this article on Salon.com sums it up nicely: (not sure if I can paste in a link from my mobile but I will try): http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/romneys_concession_speech_was_not_gracious/?source=newsletter
the muskrat saysNovember 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm
I’m sorta glad I went out last night and missed all this stuff, and it seems intimidating for a simpleton like me.
KathyB saysNovember 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm
Sorry to be serious a minute. Rev Sharpton has lost all that weight trying to get diabetes under control. It was a shock when first saw the slim him, but have gotten used to it.
Friends of mine who live in NKY helped canvass around Cincinnati. It is a really big deal that Hamilton County went for Baracky again!!!
Suzy saysNovember 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm
Sharpton bought a load of false teeth to go with his thinner face. Only now I’m afraid his face is going to squeeze out those dentures.
Meg at the Members Lounge saysNovember 7, 2012 at 9:26 pm
John King a fellow Bostonian, we all speak at lightning speed. Go President O’ Boyfriend!
Cupcake Murphy saysNovember 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm
Candy Crowley looks like a different person! I’ve been screaming this for months. Thank gah someone finally brought it to the forefront. Am I an ass for wishing that the female news horses didn’t get crap loads of plastic surgery. There’s another woman (I can’t remember her name) that looked 65 one day and 30 the next.
GrandeMocha saysNovember 7, 2012 at 10:49 pm
I’m waiting for Romney’s plan for 12 million jobs. He said he would tell us after the election & I’m dying to hear it.
I’m glad Bossy’s boyfriend won. Again.
Lynda M O saysNovember 8, 2012 at 12:03 am
It’s nice to be able to breathe again, that’s for damn sure.
Jenn @ Juggling Life saysNovember 8, 2012 at 12:35 am
So glad it’s over. Sooooo glad it went my way.
joeinvegas saysNovember 8, 2012 at 10:09 am
Yes – just because he didn’t win doesn’t mean he can hide. Please, let us know how to create those jobs, we need it.
Thank you for the visual commentary. Nice as usual.
Chesapeake Bay Woman saysNovember 8, 2012 at 1:40 pm
I totally approve of Bossy’s o’boyfriend.
Mona - Moxie-Dude saysNovember 8, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Love it! You totally took the “politics” out of politics and brought it down to my level!
zidia saysNovember 8, 2012 at 4:29 pm
Bossy’s mom lived in Hamilton,Ohio, once.Nice to know they helped our Prez!
Little Miss Sunshine State saysNovember 8, 2012 at 9:15 pm
My “YES WE DID” bumper sticker will live on my car for 4 more years!
Rumor has it, my daughter and I were the only Obama votes in our town. She noticed that all the counties that voted Dem in Florida were the ones with major Universities.
I just spent way too much time on the White People Mourning Romney tumbler.
bossysMom saysNovember 9, 2012 at 10:24 am
Great night watching returns with the gang.
And Bossy definitely should be Secretary of Humor in the administration. And Zidia..yeh.